Saturday 5 September 2015

Damon Clear Braces Progress - Day 169

My latest orthodontic adventures was just last weekend and I am now fully braced top and bottom!

 photo DSC02013_zpsaeojlgs1.jpg day169 photo DSC02012_zpspwnkxjrk.jpg
Getting the bottom braces on was much like when the top row was put on, those suckers were on in less than 30 minutes - I took tylenol before the session which was a good thing as she also put in a very tight wire for my top braces.

As you can see there is quite a bit of aligning that needs to happen to my bottom row, the arch basically needs to "open up" in order to match the progress on the top row, you may also notice bottom wire doesn't go all the way to the back my left hand side, this is because I have a crown there and she wants to leave it alone till a much later stage

Question - can someone tell me what the metal "T" things she put on the top are? She explained that it was to close gaps specifically those between my laterals and my cuspids but I forgot what she called them (for teeth terminology check out this useful link)

The bottom rows have so far been giving me a bit more grief than the top rows when they were put on, I have several ulcers (ouch!) making eating a bit of an adventure in itself  ;)

She also put in bite blockers at the back of my top row which are these cement blocks meant to prevent my top teeth from coming into contact with my bottom braces - they're not fun but not too unbearable

Here's my progress so far, changes are becoming a lot more subtle I think but I have noticed that my smile is getting "wider" in pictures

 photo day169_zpsr2cv6cxj.png

No comments:

Post a Comment